Thursday, July 31, 2008

Regan is home!

We finally made it home!!! And back to our ability to post pictures on our blog. Both Regan and I were discharged this morning. She is doing well, her arm is healing nicely. And as you can see in some of the pictures below, her cast is almost as big as her whole body!!! Her weight has dropped to 7lbs 1oz from the original 7lbs 8oz and she looks SO tiny! Everyone keeps pointing out that a seven pounder is really not that little, but to my family it is VERY small! Connor was 8lbs 11.5 oz, my nephew was 9lbs 13oz and my Mom and my Grandma had 8 1/2 to 10 lb babies, so Regan is SMALL! So far she has been a great eater and sleeper, passed her hearing test and will make her first doctor's visit tomorrow morning.

I am also doing well. The pain is getting better and I keep on walking as much as I can. I am not sure we will be doing laps at the mall like we did with Connor, but definitely around our neighborhood. Skyridge was a great place to have this baby. Aside from Regan's broken wing, everything when so well. The doctors and nurses were fantastic and I am so grateful for all of that. And the OB that discharged me today saw my Pi Phi tattoo and told me she was a Pi Phi from Montana State!!! Very cool!

We had a lot of visitors at the hospital, my family of course, including my sister, Emily who flew in from Spokane. Em is now 25 weeks along, so she is up next! My good friends Susie and Kayla also came and we got so many beautiful flowers! I even got a wonderful phone call from one of my good friends from college, Molly. It was great to talk to her!

Connor seems to be adjusting well. He had a slightly stressful time away from us and I know he is glad we are all together again. But my Mom loves him so much and is so patient with him, it made that easier on Bill and I. He has been so excited to help with Regan, from diapering to feeding. And I was in the kitchen getting a drink and heard him singing a SpongeBob song to Regan, so very sweet. He also read her a story as well.

The dogs are still trying to figure out what is going on. Chase is a little interested, I think he is just glad that I am home. Abby is a little more nervous, she keeps whining and staring at Regan. It will take some time for us all to adjust to the new situation.

We will still keep our gmail account for a while, so you can reach us there or at our individual comcast addresses. Bill is home until August 14th (thank GOD!) so he will be able to take Connor for his first day of first grade!!

Thank you so much for all of your prayers and wonderful thoughts both during my pregnancy and Regan's birth. We are so grateful for all of our friends and family!




All ready to go! See the size of my cast??


Abby is trying to figure out who this little one is...


Connor and Gus with Regan Auntie Em getting back into bottle duty


Susie is a natural So is Kayla!

Mommy and baby are ready to go home!

We'll keep you posted!

See ya, Melinda, Bill, Connor and Regan!

No comments: